WWE Rumors: Roman Reigns Won’t Be On Hell in a Cell Match Card | Launderer’s report

AMER HILABI/AFP via Getty Images

Undisputed WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns reportedly won’t be part of next month’s Hell in a Cell pay-per-view card.

According to Dave Meltzer of Wrestling observation radio (h/t Wrestling Inc’s Matthew Wilkinson), Reigns is not announced for any WWE events in July or August, but his next title match is expected to take place at Money in the Bank on July 2.

Hell in a Cell is scheduled for June 5 and will take place at Allstate Arena in Rosemont, Illinois, near Chicago.

At WrestleMania 38 in April, Reigns defeated Brock Lesnar to retain the Universal Championship and win the WWE Championship, making him a two-time World Champion.

The tribal leader has now held the Universal Title for over 600 days, giving him the longest WWE World Title reign in over three decades.

However, Reigns hasn’t defended any of his titles in a televised match since WrestleMania, and he’s only appeared in one televised match since then.

This match took place last weekend at WrestleMania Backlash and it saw him team up with his Bloodline brothers, The Usos, in a winning effort against Drew McIntyre and RK-Bro.

Reigns recently entered into a feud with McIntyre, and it was expected to lead to a title match between them pay-per-view. It may still be the case, but WWE seems to be saving it for one of its biggest shows.

Money in the Bank would be a realistic and logical goal for Reigns vs. McIntyre since it will be a large-scale event held at Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas.

Reigns not participating in Hell in a Cell could also be a sign that he is indeed taking on a lighter workload in the future.

After a show in Trenton, New Jersey, on Sunday, Reigns cut a promo during which he said he didn’t know if he would ever return to Trenton for another show:

︎ ‎ ‏ً @myrofr

Roman said he was entering a new phase in his life, then said: ‘Honestly, I don’t know if I will come back here’ #WWETrenton pic.twitter.com/zqQ33DwrBF

Reigns said he was entering a “new phase” in his life, leading fans to speculate about his future in WWE and whether he was considering a move to Hollywood.

According to Meltzer, Reigns recently signed a new contract with WWE that will give him a less demanding schedule, meaning he could work fewer house shows and have more free time.

Reigns, 36, has been the undisputed face and leader of WWE since returning from a hiatus about two years ago and his heels.

Reigns has done the best job of his career and earned a lot of respect from WWE fans during this time, which may have earned him the right to be a bit more selective with where and when he wants. work to move forward.

Listen to Ring Rust Radio for all the hot stuff on wrestling. Watch the latest episode in the player below (warning: blasphemy).

David C. Barham