January 18, 2022 – Slinger, WI – Thank you for voting for me in the previous election. My name is Roman Weninger and I have served on the Slinger School Board for the past nine years. During my time on the Board of Trustees, I helped the Slinger School’s management grow to first-class status.
We focused on the Tech Ed department preparing Slinger School students to be career ready when they graduate. We also know the importance of higher education in preparing Slinger students for their academic future by continuously focusing and offering AP college courses that enhance opportunities for Slinger students to win many outstanding scholarships.
While serving on the board, we upgraded and upgraded our Slinger facilities. We added a performing arts center that can accommodate 800 people. We expanded the outdoor track to eight lanes, added an additional ball diamond and a new concession stand as well as much-needed restrooms. We did it without raising taxes.
I participated in the Charter of the Slinger Youth Football program and was the first fundraising chair. I was president of the football program for 2 years. I served on the board of Slinger Honors Inc. for 6 years and was president for 3 years. Our Honors Inc. board has awarded thousands of dollars to hard-working, highly deserving students. I helped raise over $100,000 for lighting the soccer field and building a donated storage facility for the sports complex.
I served with the Allenton Lions Club and helped found the Town of Cedarburg Lions Club where I served as president and secretary.
I served on the board of directors of the Metro Milwaukee Automobile Dealers Association and served as treasurer and chairman of the board. In 2018, I also served as Auto Show Gala Chair and helped raise over $100,000 for Special Olympics.
Recently, I received the Birch Strum Fellowship Award for my selfless dedication to humanitarian projects through the Wisconsin Lions Foundation.
I went to Slinger Schools K at 12. My 38 year old wife, Kristine, and our three children all went to Slinger Schools K at 12.
We love the Slinger School District and as your school board representative, I will work very hard to keep Slinger strong.
Don’t forget to vote Roman Weninger for the Slinger School Board on Tuesday, April 5, 2022.
Disclaimer: Opinions and letters posted on https://www.washingtoncountyinsider.com are not necessarily the opinions of the editor or publisher. https://www.washingtoncountyinsider.com reserves the right to edit or omit copy, in accordance with journal policies. Letters to the editor should be attributed with a name, address, and contact telephone number – names and city of origin will be printed or may be withheld at the editor’s discretion. During any election campaign, letters to the editor dealing with election issues or similar material should contain the author’s name and address (not the PO box) for publication.
Please also note:
WCI COMMENTARY ETIQUETTE RULES: While open and honest debate is encouraged here, Washington County Insider asks that you adhere to the following rules for posting. Those who do not comply will have their posts removed and may be banned from commenting.
In an effort to provide a great experience and be welcoming to everyone, Washington County Insider will not post comments and reserves the right to remove social media/Facebook posts that do not follow the guidelines below.
- Are considered likely to provoke, attack or offend others. This is called “trolling”. Trollers know when they’re trolling, and so do we. *See definition of “troll” below. If you notice a few regular blog trolls disappearing, you’ll know why.
- Are sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable.
- Contains inappropriate or vulgar language that may cause offense.
- Break the law or condone or encourage illegal activity. This includes copyright infringement, defamation and contempt of court.
- Advertise products or services for profit.
- Are considered to be impersonating someone else.
- Repeatedly posting the same or similar messages (“spam”)
- Include personal contact information such as telephone numbers and mailing or email addresses.
- Include a link or photo that has not been approved by the editor before publication.
- Are considered campaigning. See also “trolling” above.
- Are irrelevant to the subject.
- Just because your comment doesn’t appear immediately doesn’t mean you’re censored. When you post a comment, it must first go through our filtering software. If unsuccessful, your comment is placed in a queue for manual approval.
- Just because a comment or advertisement is on the site does not mean that WCI endorses it.
- The above rules are not intended to stop critics or dissenters, but rather to stop those who are unable to participate in a civilized manner.
*Troll: a troll is a person who sows discord on the the Internet starting arguments or upsetting people, posting inflammatory messages, foreigner, Where off topic messages in an online community (such as a discussion group, forums, chat, or blog) with the aim of provoking readers in a emotional responnse or otherwise disrupt the normal discussion on the subject, often for the troll’s amusement. (source: Wikipedia)
All letters to the editor for the April 5, 2022 spring election must be submitted by the end of the business day, March 25, 2022.